Monday, February 11, 2013

U.S. Stocks approach nominal high

http://money.cnn.com/2013/02/10/investing/stocks-lookahead/index.html?source=cnn_bin

Many stock indexes are approaching their all-time highs. From the article, it appears that the writer means that they are approaching nominal all-time highs. I don't really have a strong desire to calculate the real values of the stock indexes, but if I had to guess I'd say that, in real dollars, the stocks aren't as close to their all-time highs. It is nice to see the financial markets are doing better, but I wish that more publications would use real prices when comparing stock prices from different years.

1 comment:

  1. That would be making it too easy. Just kidding, I agree that it would definitely be nice to look at the article and be able to say "wow the dollar today equals that dollar amount from X year." It is comforting to see the market progressing like this because it shows that people are not afraid to invest, and with that I wonder how long it will be until the interest rates begin to rise with this peak in investment.

    ReplyDelete