Sunday, April 24, 2016

A $30 billion hedge fund had staff program a robot to play air hockey to help make them better at making money

This is a very interesting topic that I would like to share. As the advance of technology, robots are gradually taking place human in some areas, but in this news, Two Sigma just hosted an artificial intelligence competition.

Two Sigma is a hedged fund that try to look for the investment opportunities by the advanced technologies.

The competition has human bracket and AI brackets, the champions of two brackets would meet in the final.


http://www.businessinsider.com/two-sigma-artificial-intelligence-air-hockey-2016-4

2 comments:

  1. I very much enjoyed reading this article. At the beginning, I was confused as to how this would help Two Sigma. Now, I understand that it helps their employees practice using new coding languages and systems. I also found it hilarious that they have the best human player compete against a robot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is pretty cool. I watched the video they made for the tournament, and it looked like fun. It's awesome how they can program a computer to play air hockey. Seemed like it was very easy for them to do it, and they did it in their free time. What I don't really get is how they will make more money because of this. Charlie does make a valid point, as this will help them with different coding, but I still don't see how they can use this experience out in the field.

    ReplyDelete